Yogini Martini: With Liberty and Just(Watermelon)Ice For All
(inspired by Martha Stewart)
* 7 1/2 pounds seedless watermelon, rind removed, fruit cut into 1-inch cubes
* 4 teaspoons agave (if desired)
* 6 ounces (3/4 cup) silver tequila
* 24 basil leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
* 3 ounces (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons) triple sec
* 6 cups small ice cubes
1. Place 24 watermelon cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Cover, and freeze at least 1 hour (up to 2 days).
2. Puree remaining watermelon and agave in a blender until smooth. Pass through a sieve lined with cheesecloth into a bowl. (You should have 3 cups.)
3. Place tequila and basil in a glass pitcher, and crush with a wooden spoon. Stir in watermelon juice and triple sec.
4. Pour and serve with frozen watermelon cubes! Not officially a martini, but you can serve in martini glass
Of course this can be made for teeny yoginis/yogis too, without the alcohol (try a little OJ or splash of lemon/lime)
Happy fourth, and thanks again to Yoga Dork (my new fave yoga-life site) for the recipe.